1 yellow onion, chopped
2 tbsp butter
1 cup rice
2 cups water
1/8 cup pine nuts
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1 lb ground lamb (may substitute any ground beef)
- Brown lamb in a bit of butter and set aside.
- Saute’ onion in rest of butter, until tender.
- Add the rice, then saute’ until rice is barely golden brown.
- Add the water, pinenuts, cinnamon, allspice, cooked lamb and salt.
- Bring to boil, cover and reduce heat to low, cook 30 minutes or until rice is done.
- NOTE: This can be used with lamb that is cut up in bite size pieces also.
- If there is a bone in the lamb, you can add more flavor to the dish by browning the bone and letting it cook with the rice, then remove the bone when serving the dish (but of course you know that).